Personal Website of Kai Mast
I am a Ph.D.
student candidate in Computer Science at Cornell University. I live in the wonderful Ithaca, NY and am advised by Gün Sirer.
My research is currently focused on CreDB, a high integrity datastore.
I am a member of the initiative for cryptocurrencies and contracts (IC3).
Contact me for a more detailed CV or if you want to chat. My preferred gender pronouns are he/him.
|||Kai Mast, Lequn Chen, and Emin Gün Sirer. Scaling databases through trusted hardware proxies. In Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on System Software for Trusted Execution, SysTEX'17, pages 9:1--9:6, New York, NY, USA, 2017. ACM. [ bib | DOI | http ]|
|||Sergey Legtchenko, Hugh Williams, Kaveh Razavi, Austin Donnelly, Richard Black, Andrew Douglas, Nathanael Cheriere, Daniel Fryer, Kai Mast, Angela Demke Brown, et al. Understanding rack-scale disaggregated storage. 2017. [ bib ]|
- Systems Lab, Cornell
- Social Dynamics Lab, Cornell
- Systems & Networks Group, MSR Cambridge (Summer 2016)
- Research and Development, Intel Mobile Communications (2014)
- Computer Networks Lab, Uni Bamberg (2012-2014)
- Institute for Theoretical Psychology, Uni Bamberg (2011-2012)
Outreach and Volunteering
- Shadow PC Member for EuroSys 2018
- Co-organizer of the Systems Reading Group
- Expand Your Horizon (2016)
- Computer Science Teacher, Belle Sherman Elementary School (2014)
- Student Representative, Uni Bamberg (2011-2014)
- Zivildienst, Elementary and Middle School Hirschaid (2010-2011)
- CS 4410: Operating Systems, Fall 2015, Spring 2017
- CS 4320: Database Systems, Fall 2014
- Datenkommunikation (Computer Networks), Fall 2013
Awards and Recognition
- Student Scholarship to attend SOSP 2017
- Outstanding TA Award, Spring 2017
- The CS department relies on me for their caffeine needs, for I am the espresso czar.
- I ran for a public office once in Germany (as a candidate of the Pirate Party).
- I live in a wonderful cooperative house with other students and Ithaca locals.
- When I don't spend hours in front of the computer, I like to plant vegetables, do Yoga, and occasionally rock climb.