I am a Ph.D.
student candidate in Computer Science at Cornell University. I live in the wonderful Ithaca, New York and am advised by Gün Sirer.
My research is currently focused on CreDB, a high integrity datastore.
I am a member of the Initiative for Cryptocurrencies and Contracts (IC3) and the Cornell Systems Lab.
Talk to me:
- Enabling Strong Database Integrity using Trusted Execution Environments.Kai Mast, Lequn Chen, and Emin Gün Sirer.CoRR, abs/1801.01618v2, 2018.
- Scaling Databases Through Trusted Hardware Proxies.Kai Mast, Lequn Chen, and Emin Gün Sirer.Workshop on System Software for Trusted Execution, pages 9:1--9:6, Shanghai, China, October 2017.
- Understanding Rack-Scale Disaggregated Storage.Sergey Legtchenko, Hugh Williams, Kaveh Razavi, Austin Donnelly, Richard Black, Andrew Douglas, Nathanael Cheriere, Daniel Fryer, Kai Mast, Angela Demke Brown, and others.Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems, Santa Clara, CA, 2017.
- Systems Lab, Cornell
- Social Dynamics Lab, Cornell
- Systems & Networks Group, MSR Cambridge (Summer 2016)
- Research and Development, Intel Mobile Communications (2014)
- Computer Networks Lab, Uni Bamberg (2012-2014)
- Institute for Theoretical Psychology, Uni Bamberg (2011-2012)
- Yael: a modern C++ event loop
- Cowlang: an embeddable Python interpreter
- Lifestyle Politics: what do your interests tell about your political views?
Outreach and Volunteering
- Shadow PC Member for EuroSys 2018
- Co-organizer of the Systems Reading Group
- Expand Your Horizon (2016)
- Computer Science Teacher, Belle Sherman Elementary School (2014)
- Student Representative, Uni Bamberg (2011-2014)
- Zivildienst, Elementary and Middle School Hirschaid (2010-2011)
- CS 4410: Operating Systems, Fall 2015, Spring 2017
- CS 4320: Database Systems, Fall 2014
- Datenkommunikation (Computer Networks), Fall 2013
Awards and Recognition
- Student Scholarship to attend SOSP 2017
- Outstanding TA Award, Spring 2017
- The CS department relies on me for their caffeine needs, for I am the espresso czar.
- I ran for a public office once in Germany (as a candidate of the Pirate Party).
- I live in a wonderful cooperative house with other students and Ithaca locals.
- When I don't spend hours in front of the computer, I like to plant vegetables, do Yoga, and occasionally rock climb.